Friday, April 4, 2014

Lava, the Burg and a full moon

Since Wayne refuses to take time off (oh the joys of owning a new practice) we only got a weekend away for spring break.  We headed to Lava Hotsprings in eastern Idaho.  It's a tiny town with one street.  We stayed at a little hotel that looked like it was straight out of a horror movie.  Once in the rooms we were pleasantly surprised.  We swam at their super fun indoor facility, had yummy pizza and yummier ice cream.  And it all happened on the same street!  I even crammed in an 8 1/2 mile run on a small highway in the middle of nowhere and it was so gorgeous I could have ran all day!  That night we hit up the mineral hot pools which would have been way more fun without kids. I would have preferred to just sit and soak with Wayne. Instead I simultaneously held Tate and Gages' injured toe out of the water the whole time.
Then next morning we drove to Rexburg to go to church with Heidi and her new hubby Randy.  Wayne even ran into his old roommate! (weird that he left over 11 years ago but some people are STILL there) I digress.  Wayne of course wanted to walk around the campus to see how much it changed and boy did it.  I have never felt so old walking around with 5 kids in tow.  I definitely can't pass as a college student anymore! Randy was a great tour guide. My favorite part..."and there is where I laid face first down in the grass after I got a D on a test" I must point out that was a long time ago and he has gotten straight A's since then.  We had almost made it back to the car when I see Gage chasing Gavin up ahead.  Suddenly he stopped. Faced me, pulled down his pants and started to bend over before I yelled.."Gage Jacob PULL UP YOUR PANTS!"  Oh the joys of having rambunctious boys.






4 comments:

Melanie said...

Running on vacation=Hard Core
We spent 4 days, 4 days! in lava last summer. Randy's family loves it.

Kaylene said...

How can you leave out the part about running out of gas and not beng able to find the hotel in the one street town. Those are the memories worth remembering!

Anonymous said...

後宮後宮後宮後宮後宮後宮後宮後宮後宮後宮

Anonymous said...

..........